How to set up TrueCrypt for ACOS5/ CryptoMage usage?
TrueCrypt is a software application used for real-time on-the-fly encryption. It is distributed without cost, and has source code available, although under a restrictive licence. It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file or a device-hosted encrypted volume on either an individual partition or an entire storage device. It supports Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (using FUSE) and encrypted volumes can be made portable ( Figure 1).
ACOS5/CryptoMate can be used as the storage for key(s) that will be used in Encrypting/Decrypting of a TrueCrypt Volume.
Figure 1: TrueCrypt main window
To Initialize your TrueCrypt with ACOS5/CryptoMate, follow the steps below:
- If you have a fresh card/token, please make sure to Initialize it first.
- Install the TrueCrypt software first by downloading the latest installer in http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads .
- In the TrueCrypt main menu, select "Settings" and click "Security Tokens...". The "TrueCrypt - Securty Token Preferences" should pop up ( Figure 2 ).
Figure 2: Security Token Preferences window.
- Click the button "Auto-Detect Library". If you have multiple PKCS Library installed in the system, then click "Select Library . . ." button and navigate to the Program Files, Advanced Card Systems Ltd., then ACOS5 SDK, Middleware and finally the PKCS folder. Select the acospkcs11.dll file.
- Once you have selected the proper PKCS#11 Library, click the "OK" button on the "Securty Token Preferences" dialog.