How to mount / dismount a TrueCrypt volume?
Once you have created an encrypted volume. You can now Mount / Unmount it and saved data into it. Follow the steps below in mounting / unmounting an encrypted volume.
- Open up the TrueCrypt main window ( Figure 1 in How to set up TrueCrypt for the ACOS5/ CryptoMage usage).
- In the TrueCrypt main window, click the "Select File" button.
- Navigate to the folder where you haved saved the file you have created in this step.
- Click the "Mount" button. In the "Enter Password" dialog box, enter the volume password. Also select the "Use keyfiles" options. ( Figure 14 ).
Figure 14: TrueCrypt Password dialog box.
- In the TrueCrypt password dialog box. Click "Keyfiles..." button. The "TrueCrypt Keyfiles" will appear ( Figure 7 in How to create an encrypted volume using ACOS5/ CryptoMate).
- Click the "Add Token file..." button.
- When prompted, enter the ACOS5/CryptoMate User PIN. ( Figure 9 in How to create an encrypted volume using ACOS5/ CryptoMate)
- The "Select Security Token Keyfiles" will appear ( Figure 10a & 10b in How to create an encrypted volume using ACOS5/ CryptoMate). In here you can select the proper keyfiles to use for the your volume to be mounted.
- Select the proper Keyfiles ans Click "OK".
- In the "TrueCrypt Keyfiles" dialog window, select the Keyfiles that you have selected in the previous step and click "OK".
- The mounting process might take a while, when the mounting process is done, you can now see the mounted volume in the TrueCrypt main window ( Figure 14 ).
Figure 14: Mounted TrueCrypt Volume.
- Once a TrueCrypt volume has been successfully mounted, you can have access to it similar to a normal volume or Hard Disk partition ( Figure 15 ).
Figure 15: The Mounted TrueCrypt Volume as seen in "My Computer".
- To dismount a TrueCrypt Volume, Select the appropriate Volume you want to Dismount in the TrueCrypt main window. Select the "Dismount" button to remove the volume and save all its contents securely ( Figure 14 ).