What are the key benefits of AET65 and AET62 over conventional fingerprint scanners?
- Simple fingerprint system
- Only AET62 / AET65 , PC and smart cards are needed
- No need for external hardware & software
- No need for super server, mega database & complicated software
- Undemanding system administration and maintenance
- More efficient and cost-effective than conventional fingerprint scanners
- When encrypted fingerprint templates are stored in smart cards, matching just involves checking the live fingerprint against the stored template. Hence, no expensive mega database, super server or powerful software is needed. Efficiency is enhanced due to a simpler—yet reliable—system. Users carry their fingerprint templates with them and fingerprint verification authenticates only the smart card user, neutralizing privacy concerns and security risks posed by lost or stolen cards.
- High-Level Security
- A major drawback of fingerprint technology is its vulnerability to security threats. For example, security systems may be breached through the reproduction of fingerprints left on surfaces. Smart card-fingerprint technology eliminates this kind of threat by implementing two-factor authentication, verifying something you have (smart card) and something you are (fingerprint). You can have additional security measures such as password or PIN verification—something you know—to increase the level of authentication in your application.