As technology becomes more and more sophisticated, fraud-related incidents in the banking sector become more prevalent. These occurrences generate billion-dollar losses and bring distress among credit and debit cardholders. In this regard, dynamic password technology offers end users a reliable tool that can be utilized to fight these occurrences. ACS introduces the APG8205, a slim handheld device with a modern design, designed for banking and e-Payment solutions.
APG8205 is a portable handheld and low-cost smart card device which operates on standalone mode to perform various authentication applications. It is capable of managing One-Time Passwords, Challenge Response Authentication Codes, and Transaction Data Signing (PKI digital signatures), based on the security keys stored in the EMV cards. The APG8205 design also takes into consideration the customer’s preference on the look and feel of the device, with a responsive keypad and a clear LCD.
APG8205 provides two-level authentication process which requires the cardholder to insert the EMV card into the device and enter a PIN using the built-in PIN-pad. Verifying both card and PIN code, APG8205 generates a one-time password that can only be used for a single online transaction as in banking logons and telephone orders.
APG8205 is compliant with major banking, computing and safety standards such as Mastercard® Chip Authentication Program (CAP), VISA Dynamic Passcode Authentication (DPA) and EMV Level 1 Certification. It is specially designed to safeguard users from the fraud attacks like fraud website and Man-in-the-Middle attacks.
- Handheld Device with Compact and Sleek Design
- Standalone Operation:
- Supports OTP (One-time Password), Challenge-Response and Transaction Data Signing Modes
- 2 CR2016 Batteries for Power
- Intelligent Battery Management or a Life Expectancy of 5 years (depending on usage)
- Smart Card Reader:
- Supports Full-sized Microprocessor Cards (T=0, T=1 Protocols)
- Supports ISO 7816 Class A Cards
- Supports PPS (Protocol and Parameters Selection)
- Allows semi-insertion of cards
- Short Circuit Protection
- Built-in Peripherals:
- Graphical LCD for Logos and Multiple-language Characters
- Monotone Buzzer
- Durable Tactile Keypad Membrane with 20 Keys
- Value-added Calculator and e-Purse Function
- Optical Sensor (upon request)
||85.0 mm (L) x 58.0 mm (W) x 5.0 mm (H)
||27 g (with Batteries)
|Compliance / Certifications
- MasterCard® CAP, Visa DPA, EMV Level 1, CE, FCC, RoHS, ISO 7816
||2 x CR2016 Batteries (Replaceable)
||10 mA (max.)
|Smart Card Interface Support
- ISO 7816 Class A Support (T=0, T=1)