August 6, 2012
HONG KONG, 06 Aug, 2012 - Advanced Card Systems (ACS) Ltd. (ACS, wholly owned subsidiary of Advanced Card Systems Holdings Ltd., SEHK: 8210), Asia Pacific's top supplier and one of the world's top 3 suppliers of PC-linked smart card readers (Source: Frost & Sullivan), announces today its plan to launch its new product, the ACR123 Contactless Payment Terminal, in response to the booming market for MasterCard PayPass and Visa PayWave contactless payment applications. Engineering samples of ACR123 will be available in October, 2012.
More and more contactless payment systems are being deployed worldwide, including contactless debit/credit cards, digital wallets and NFC rollouts. Contactless technology revolutionizes the everyday shopping and purchasing experience of consumers throughout the world. This trend ramps up the demand for an efficient and powerful product that will provide support for contactless payment applications, and the ACR123 is specifically designed to cater to this market need.
Payment transactions and movement in checkout counters will be faster as consumers will be able to pay electronically by simply tapping their cards on the ACR123 Contactless Payment Terminal.
The ACR123 will be certified with the EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) Levels 1 and 2 Standard for Contactless Technology to support MasterCard PayPass and Visa PayWave cards. This certification represents ACS’s commitment to introduce high quality products to the market, inspiring confidence and trust in various key players in the payment industry such as retailers and merchants, for them to choose the ACR123.
The following are a few of the benefits in using the ACR123:
Compatibility and support for multiple contactless transactions:
- ACR123 is compatible with major contactless payment programs through its EMV certification (EMV Levels 1 and 2).
- ACR123 supports different contactless cards including ISO 14443, Mifare, MasterCard PayPass, and Visa PayWave.
- The next version of the ACR123 will support ISO18092, FeliCa cards and NFC functionalities.
- ACR123 directs consumers all throughout their payment transactions with its user-controllable peripherals including a big graphic LCD (70.7 mm x 38.8mm, resolution 128 x 64), multiple LEDs and a large tapping area with light guides of blue, green and red to indicate different states or different responses of the terminal to a tapping by card..
- ACR123 is equipped with three built-in ISO7816-compliant secure access module (SAM) slots to secure contactless transactions.
- ACR123 can support post-deployment firmware updates through remote firmware upgrade, which eliminates the need for additional hardware and application modification.
- ACR123 can support USB or RS232 host interface which can be used to easily implement to link to existing POS (Point-of-Sale) terminals or cash registers which only support magstripe and contact EMV chip card payment.
For those who are interested in the new ACR123, please kindly contact us at [email protected].
Advanced Card Systems Ltd. (ACS, wholly owned subsidiary of Advanced Card Systems Holdings Ltd., SEHK: 8210), founded in 1995, is Asia Pacific's top supplier and one of the world's top 3 suppliers of PC-linked smart card readers, as well as the winner of the Product Quality Leadership Award for Smart Card Readers from Frost & Sullivan. One of the companies on Forbes Asia's 2010 “Best Under a Billion" list, a prestigious list of 200 top-performing companies with sales between US$5 million and US$1 billion, selected from 12,930 publicly listed enterprises in Asia Pacific, ACS develops a wide range of high quality smart card reading/writing devices, smart cards and related products and distributes them to over 100 countries worldwide. Visit ACS at https://www.acs.com.hk/.