ACR83 PINeasy is a USB reader featuring a keypad and a display screen. Supporting Secure PIN Entry (SPE), it requires both PIN entry and authentication to be done within the device, thus eliminating the exposure of sensitive information to PC’s or workstations that are vulnerable to security attacks such as Trojans and USB sniffers.
With a size enough to fit in the palm of a person's hand, the ACR83 PINeasy is one of the smallest PIN-pad readers in the market. Along with its size comes a simple but highly secure authentication process that only requires one to connect the reader to the PC via its USB port, insert the smart card into the reader, follow the command on the LCD, and enter the PIN code.
On the other hand, the ACR83 PINeasy Software Development Kit (ACR83 SDK) enables effective development of customized applications and systems by using smart cards, card readers, and PCs. It serves as an ideal training and development tool for those who are interested in exploring smart card technologies. The SDK comes with sample codes written in different programming languages, namely Java, Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic .NET2008,Visual Basic .NET2008 (x64),Visual Basic C# .NET2008, Visual Basic C#.NET2008 (x64), Visual C++ 6, Visual C++ 2005 (x64) and Turbo Delphi. These sample codes showcase the different capabilities of the ACR83, as well as provide instructions on how to control ACR83 peripherals and communicate with ISO 7816 cards.
The development kit is now priced at only US$79.
|Smart Card Reader(s)
- 1 x ACR83 PINeasy Smart Card Reader
|Test Card(s)/ Token(s)
- 5 x ACOS3 Microprocessor Smart Cards
- Tools & Utilities
- ACR83 Tool
- Enables you to perform PC/SC commands such as controlling the device and its peripherals.
- Allows you to send commands to any ISO 7816 T=0 compliant smart card.
- Checks for proper driver installation
- Sample Codes
- Demonstrates the basic commands used to communicate between reader and card
- Execute capabilities such as Secure PIN Entry, LCD display, Pin Verification, PIN Modification, PIN Submission and Verification, PIN Modification
- Different programming languages: Delphi 7, Java, Visual Basic 6, Visual C++ 6, Visual C++ 2005 (x64), Visual C # 2005 and Visual Basic .Net 2005.
- Smart Card Reader Driver(s)
- Reference Manual(s)
|SDK Operating System Support
- Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7
- Win XP x64, Win Vista x64, Win 7 x64